With special meal plan bonuses; new and improved features adding greater variety, healthy options, and convenience; and chances to help others and shape future offerings, students will find a lot new in Dining Services when they return to campus for the spring 2022 semester.
Meal Plan Bonuses
Students who purchase spring-semester meal plans between Dec. 18, 2021, and Jan. 30, 2022 will receive a bonus when they sign up:
- Premier Plan Bonus: Students will receive $100 in bonus dollars that can be used on campus at any dining location, including food trucks.
- Block Plan (70 Block) Bonus: Students will receive five extra meal swipes for a total of 75 meal swipes in the 70 Block plan.
To purchase a meal plan, go to Dine On Campus. As a reminder, meals from the block meal plan will carry over from the fall semester into the spring semester.
Several new and improved dining features will launch for the spring 2022 semester:
- Snack on Campus delivery program. Students — or family members — will be able to order snack boxes as one-time treats or through ongoing subscriptions.
- Chobani at the Hieber Café will feature new items, including hot, pressed panini sandwiches.
- Throughout campus, we will feature more plant-forward menus and expand plant-based protein options.
- The Salad Toss Station at Frank Dining Hall returns — with daily salads as well as build-your-own with ingredients of choice.
- Donovan’s Pub will also feature several new menu items and daily specials.
- For students who prefer to order ahead, we’re enhancing customization options through the Boost Mobile Ordering App.
Colgate Dining will continue to offer a wide variety of seasonal, on-trend menus crafted with local ingredients, authentic flavors, and fresh produce — including vegetarian, vegan, allergen-friendly, and gluten-free options.
Did you know that Colgate University has implemented a meal swipe donation program to help students who are facing food insecurity? To support this program, Dining Services is donating 200 meal swipes for the 2021–22 academic year. Students can participate by donating guest swipes or block meals through the GET app. Read about the program in the Colgate Maroon News: Colgate Dining Launches “Donate a Meal” Initiative.
Opportunities for Involvement
Many of the enhancements and improvements listed above have come directly from student feedback through surveys, emails, and committees. We always want to continue to grow the program and can only do this with students’ help: Those interested in joining the student dining advisory committee should email email@example.com.
Colgate Dining Services is also hiring for the spring semester. Students interested in joining the dining services team should check the Portal for job opportunities on campus and email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you have any questions regarding dining memberships, special promotions, or dining services in general, contact us via email at email@example.com or via anonymous text at (315) 825-4119.
For more information on upcoming special events and promotions, as well as everyday menus, visit Dine On Campus. For new and exciting updates, contests, and dining specials throughout the semester, follow @colgatedining on Instagram.
— Cody Tipton is director of conference services, summer programs, and auxiliary support