AV Support Skip Navigation

AV Support

All AV support requests begin with a request made through the ITS Service Desk by calling extension 7111 or sending an email, with copious amounts of detail, to itshelp@colgate.edu.

Whenever possible, we would like the opportunity to provide training to our community. Should you need assistance, we can provide the following support [please note the required lead time in brackets] :

Consultations [On demand] We provide group and one-on-one consultations regarding the use and selection of appropriate AV equipment.

Remediation and Repair [On Demand] If something goes wrong, the Service Desk will dispatch an IT Support Specialist. If escalation is required, a Classroom and Event Specialist (that’s us!) will be immediately dispatched to attempt to remedy the condition.

Training [ One Business Day Requested ] We will meet with you one-on-one or provide a group training on the use of AV equipment in a classroom, meeting room or event space. Training is brief and encompasses: connecting a laptop or tablet, using the document camera, playing back a DVD or Blu-ray disc, using a microphone, basic control panel operation and the use of Epson wireless projection, where available. Other topics are available upon request.

Digital Signage Hardware Support
CDME provides hardware support for new and existing digital signage installations. Please consult with the Office of Communications prior to requesting a new digital sign in your area. 

Cable TV Coordination
The University provides cable TV service to the campus community free of charge. If you are having a technical issue with your cable TV service, we can help coordinate a service call to remedy poor signal quality or broken cable TV outlets. Cable TV service is provided by Spectrum who are wholly responsible for the service quality and cable wiring on campus.

No cable boxes are needed nor will they work on campus or in the residences (including Greek houses). 

AV Projects
CDME provides AV support for major capital projects. Coordination is provided through the Capital Projects Office and the Office of the CIO.