Charge of the Committee
The Committee on Standards and Academic Standing has a dual function and meets in several modes during the academic year.
The full group (“Policy Group”) meets as needed during the academic year to consider policy issues in the area of academic standards and standing. A subset of the full group (“Small Group”) meets twice per month to hear petitions from students seeking exceptions to academic deadlines and non-graduation requirement rules and policies.
After the end of each semester, the full group convenes in Academic Review mode to review cases where students dismissed for academic reasons petition to be reinstated on academic warning.
The membership of the Committee is as follows:
- Administrative Deans
- Associate Dean of the Faculty
- Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Director of Academic Support and Disability Services
The above members serve on the "small group" the remaining are members of the extended "policy group."
- Five faculty members (appointed by the Dean of the Faculty for staggered two-year terms) representing the five academic divisions
- Director of Financial Aid
The Committee is chaired by the Associate Dean for Administrative Advising.