BA (1981), MA (1988), Colgate University
Mineralogy, surficial geology, environmental geology
The Critical Zone, soil formation, impact of acid precipitation on soils, plant-soil interactions in the rhizosphere, forest decline, clay minerals and phyllosilicates
(*indicates student author)
- Shale to soil: Geochemistry and clay mineral transformations. R.H. April, S. Lemon* & D. Keller, Mineralogical Magazine, 2011, Volume 75, Issue 3. Goldschmidt 2011.
- Clay mineral weathering in shales and soils in the critical zone, S. MacDonald*, R.H. April and D.M. Keller. Special edition of Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Volume 74, Issue 11 Supplement 1 (A652), June 2010.
- April, R. H., Keller, D. M. and Driscoll, C., 2004, Smectite in Spodosols from the Adirondack Mountains of New York. Clay Minerals., v. 39: 99-113.
- April, R. H., and Keller, D., 1992, Saponite and vermiculite in amygdales of the Granby Basaltic Tuff, Connecticut Valley: Clays and Clay Minerals, v. 40, no. 1, 22-31.
- April, R.H., and Keller, D., 1990, Interactions between minerals and roots in forest soils: Sciences Geologiques Mem., no. 85, 89-98, Strasbourg, France.
- April, R.H., and Keller, D., 1990, Mineralogy of the rhizosphere in forest soils of the eastern United States: Biogeochemistry, v. 9, 1-18.
- Keller, D. and April, R.H., 1989, Biotite Weathering in Forest Soils from the Eastern United States, Clays and Clay Minerals, Vol. 37, No. 6, 605-607
- Kada, J., Heit, M., April, R.H., Miller, K., Keller, D., and Kuiper, J., 1989, Factors influencing the distribution and inventories of Cs-137 in fresh water lake sediments: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Heavy Metals in the Environment, Geneva, Switzerland, 12-15 September.