AB, Rutgers University, 1973; MA (1981), MPhil (1982), Yale University; PhD, Johns Hopkins University, 1983; PhD, Yale University, 1987
Wesleyan University, Brown University, Yale University
International relations theory, strategic studies, national security
European security, alliance theory, proliferation studies, arms control
- Theory and Meta Theory in International Relations (New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2007)
- The Power of International Theory (London: Routedge, 2005)
- After Bipolarity: Theories of Cooperation, The Diminishing Threat, and The Future of the Atlantic Alliance (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press,1995)
- Arms Control and the Arms Race, coedited with Bruce Russett (San Francisco:WH Freeman, 1985)
- Articles in International Studies Quarterly, Review of International Studies, Millenium, International Affairs, Journal of Conflict Resolution, European Journal of International Relations, International Studies Review, Strategic Review, International Studies Perspectives, Defence Analysis, International Relations; philosophical articles in Analysis, Mind, and Philosophical Quarterly
Rand Corporation; International Institute for Strategic Studies, London; Norwegian Institute of International Affairs.
See my personal webpage here.