The state-of-the-art facility is home to our rowing teams and features a recreational bay for use by students, faculty, staff, alumni, and their guests at no charge.
You can borrow our canoes, recreational kayaks, Sea kayaks, rowboat, paddle boat, Pico sailboats,or Stand Up Paddleboards for an excursion on the lake. Please note, there is no swimming allowed on or from the boathouse property.
Boathouse Open Hours
Available watercraft include: canoes, recreational kayaks, sea kayaks, rowboat, pedal boat, Pico sailboats, and stand up paddle boards. Vessels are available for use on the lake only. While the hours are somewhat limited, we hope you can enjoy the Boathouse during the following days and times.
Users should be aware of the following:
- April 20 and 21 4:30–7:00 p.m.
- April 23 and 24 1-6:00 p.m.
- April 26, Tuesday, 4:30-7:00 p.m.
- April 27 and 28 4:30–7:00 p.m.
Directions to Glendening Boathouse:
- All hours are weather dependent. On questionable weather days call the Huntington Equipment Room at 315-228-7620 to ensure that the Boathouse facility is open.
- Colgate University ID is required in order to use the equipment
- The boathouse property is just for boating and picnicking, No swimming is permitted at any time
- A signed “assumption of risk/release of liability” statement will be required
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's) are required at all times by Colgate policy. Repeat offenders of this policy will no longer have access to the facility. PFD's are also required by NYS law until May 1. Violaters approached by the DEC may be fined.
Travel Northeast on West Lake Moraine Road. Go past the White Eagle and turn Right onto Frank Road (marked with a Glendening Boathouse sign). Follow the road around to the right until you see the cedar shingles boathouse with a maroon gate. All users must park in the parking lot. If the Gate is locked, then the facility is closed.
Information on hours after the spring semester:
The Boathouse will be closed from April 29–May 28. After May 28, it will be open for "summer hours" on Wednesdays from 4-7:00 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from noon-6 p.m.
Private groups may reserve the Boathouse during non-public hours.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
with group requests.