Transfer Students The deadline for applying for the spring term is November 1, the deadline for the fall term is March 15.
Students enrolled in their first semester of college who wish to transfer to Colgate in the spring term will be considered on a very selective basis. It is rare for us to be able to offer need-based financial aid to transfer students.
Here are the required materials for applying to Colgate. If you have any questions or need assistance with any of these forms, please contact the admission office.
- Printable checklist
- Common Application for Transfer Admission (also available at www.commonapp.org)
- $60 application fee – The application fee is waived for students whose permanent mailing address is outside the United States. Additionally, Colgate accepts official fee waivers from the College Board, the National Association for College Admission Counseling, and Expanding College Opportunities.
- Official high school transcript
- Official college transcript(s)
- Mid-term report
- Registrar report
- Academic report
- Personal essay (from Common Application)
- Standardized testing scores (on official high school transcript or from a testing agency).