Additional Links Provided by Career Services
Programs with Multiple Sites
Community Medicine and Public Health
- ACT-UP New York
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality - (AHRQ) Summer Intern Program.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry - (ATSDR) Summer Internship
- Agua Muisne
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- Alliance For Health Reform
- American Cancer Society
- American Medical Student Association/International Health Opportunities
- American Public Health Association/International Health Internship
- Amigos de las Americas
- Boston Health Care for the Homeless
- Carter Center
- Center for Studying Health System Change*
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) - Summer Student Employment Program.
- Charles B. Wang Community Health Center/NYC
- Child Family Health International
- Council on International Education Exchange (CIEE)
- Cross-Cultural Solutions - Cross-Cultural Solutions is an independent, non-religious 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that employs volunteer humanitarian action to empower local communities, foster cultural sensitivity and understanding, and contribute grassroots solutions to global challenges.
- Education as a Vaccine Against AIDS - Offers full-year, semester, and summer internships working with Nigerian youth in health education.
- Engineering World Heath (EWH) Summer Institute/Duke University
- Experiential Learning Abroad
- Families USA
- Foundation for Sustainable Development
- Gay Men's Health Crisis
- Global AIDS Alliance
- Global Healing
- Global Service Corps
- Global Health Ministry - Work in distressed urban areas and villages throughout Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Global Volunteers
- Grassroot Soccer
- The Hastings Center for Bioethics
- Haitian Ministries/Diocese of Norwich
- Health Management and Policy Summer Enrichment Program - University of Michigan School of Public Health
- Health Volunteers Overseas
- Hispanic-Serving Health Professions Schools
- India Study Abroad Center
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- Institute for International Cooperation and Development
- International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
- International Honors Program: Health and Community (BU/Study Abroad)
- International Medical Volunteers Association
- Institute for Central American Development Studies (ICADS) - Summer internship program in Costa Rica.
- Kaiser Family Foundation*
- Kaiser Family Foundation/Database of policy fellowships
- Lutheran Social Services of New England
- Minority Access Internship Program - Paid internships with the federal government and elsewhere.
- Minority International Research Training - Programs.
- National Association of People with AIDS
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health - Student Research Program.
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- National Mental Health Association - Internship Program
- National Women's Health Network
- Native American Women's Health Education Resource Center
- New York City Department of Health - Health Research Training Program.
- Operation Smile - Provides reconstructive surgery and related healthcare in developing countries and US.
- Organization for Tropical Studies
- Organization for Tropical Studies (Study Abroad/Duke/Costa Rica)
- Our Bodies Our Selves/Boston Women's Health Book Collective
- Pemon Health/Venezuela
- Physicians for Human Rights
- Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Primary Cares, Inc.
- Project Health
- Remote Area Medical
- San Francisco Community Health Corps
- Society of Toxicology - Student Research Internships in Toxicology
- Swasthya Community Health Partnership - Sringeri, India.
- Tuskegee University National Center for Bioethics*
- Stop HIV/AIDS in India
- Students Partnership Worldwide (SPW) - Volunteer opportunities in India, Nepal, South Africa, Zimbabwe and more.
- Summer Program in Quantitative Sciences, Harvard School of Public Health
- Uganda Village Project/IFMSA
- Visions in Action
- World Health Organization
Health Care Ethics
Under-represented Minority and Students from Disadvantaged Backgrounds
Programs with Multiple Sites
- MedHunters.com - Jobs in healthcare; valuable advice on the job search; entertaining and informative stories about healthcare professionals and issues in healthcare.
- Explore Health Careers