Recommendation Letter Requests
If you would like to request a recommendation letter, please click here
or copy and paste in your browser: https://sites.google.com/site/carocastillag/recommendation-letter-requests
Intra-household decision-making, development economics, behavioral economics
Learn more about my research here.
- Castilla, Carolina. 2015 “Trust and Reciprocity between Spouses in India.” American Economic Review: P&P, 105 (5): 621 - 24.
- Castilla, Carolina (with Timothy Haab). 2015. “Asymmetric Search and Prospect Theory: Choice Experiment on Consumer Willingness to Search in the Gasoline Retail Market.” Applied Economics, Vol. 47 (8): 756 – 778.
- Castilla, Carolina (with Conor Coughlin, undergraduate student). 2014. “The Effect of Private High School Education on the College Trajectory.” Economics Letters. Vol. 125 (2): 200–203.
- Castilla, Carolina. 2014. “Field Experiment in a Course on Behavioral Economics: Nudging Students Around Campus.” Journal of Economic Education, 45 (3): 211-224.
- Castilla, Carolina (with Thomas Walker). 2013. “Is Ignorance Bliss? Gender Differences in the Effect of Asymmetric Information on Intra-Household Allocation.” American Economic Review: P&P, 103 (3): 263-268.
- Castilla, Carolina (with Timothy Haab). 2013. “Limited Attention to Search Costs in the Gasoline Retail Market: Evidence from a Choice Experiment on Consumer Willingness to Search.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 95 (1): 181-199.
- Castilla, Carolina. 2012. “Subjective Well-being and Reference Dependence: Insights from Mexico.” Journal of Economic Inequality, 10 (2): 219 - 238. Previously Circulated as: “Subjective Poverty and Reference Dependence: Income over Time, Aspirations and Reference Groups.” UNU-WIDER Working Paper 2010/76.
- Castilla, Carolina. (with Mariano Rojas). 2010. “Crisis Bancarias y Comportamiento Estrategico: Un Enfoque a Nivel Banco”. Administracion de Riesgos: Banca, mercados, empresa y modelos financieros. (Editor-reviewed article) Universidad Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM): 81 - 111
- Gender Differences in Intra-Household Efficiency: Evidence from an Investment Game between Spouses in India [under review]
- What’s Yours is Mine, and What’s Mine is Mine: Bargaining Power and Income Concealing between Spouses in India [under review]
- Inefficient Intra-Household Allocation under Asymmetric Information in Ghana (with Thomas Walker), [under review]
- Spousal Communication and Intra-Household Allocation in Kenya (with Yuta Masuda and Wei Zhang)
- Political Role Models, Child Marriage, and Women’s Autonomy over Marriage in India. UNU-WIDER Working Paper 121/2017
- Impact of Ethiopia’s PSNP on household dietary diversity and child nutrition in rural Ethiopia (with Tagel Gebrehiwot)
- Ties that Bind: The Kin System as a Mechanism of Income-Hiding between Spouses in Rural Ghana. UNU-WIDER Working Paper 2013/007.
- Show me the Money: Intra-Household Allocation under Incomplete Information
Research with Undergraduate Students:
- The Effect of MGNREGA on Consumption Smoothing of Rural Households in India (with Ahmad Emad)
- Taxes and Discounts: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Massachusetts (with Ian Ettinger)
Work in Progress:
- Castilla, Carolina. 2008. “Heteroskedasticity in Fixed-Effects One-way Error Component Models: Evaluating the Performance of Standard Tests ”
- Team Work and Cooperative Behavior (with Takao Kato)
- Field Experiments on Common Goods in Kenya (with Yuta Masuda and Wei Zhang)
- Contrasting Preferences for Trust and Reciprocity between Spouses in Ethiopia (with Marc Bellemare and Chris Paul)
- Bargaining between Adult Children and their parents (with Tammy MacGavok)
- Endogenous Household formation in response to Systemic Shocks (with Benjamin Anderson)