Colgate University students are not required to live on campus during the summer and may choose to live off campus. For many students, particularly rising sophomores and juniors, this is a great opportunity to see if off-campus life is something you want to pursue for your senior year. There is no lottery for off-campus summer housing. The Office of Residential Life can supply a listing of available summer properties to anyone interested. Should you decide to pursue off-campus summer housing options, please keep the following items in mind:
- Be sure that your off-campus housing option has facilities that will meet your needs throughout the summer term
- Secure off-campus housing for the entirety of your summer stay
- Request and retain a copy of your lease for your records
- Returning student move in is August 25; we cannot guarantee you can move in early
The Office of Residential Life provides on-campus housing between the dates of May 24, 2015 and August 8, 2015 for students enrolled in faculty-supported summer research, for students working for an office on campus, and for international students. Students will be housed in residences which include both a full kitchen and washers and dryers within each unit or apartment complex.
Instructions for applying for summer housing can be found below along with the summer housing application. Please note the following:
- The application deadline for summer housing is April 30, 2015.
- Summer housing assignments will be sent out via e-mail by May 10, 2015.
- Summer housing options are extremely limited.
- Any applications submitted beyond the April 30, 2015 deadline will be reviewed after all other applicants have been housed. There is no guarantee that you will receive housing if your application was submitted late.
- The Summer Housing Application has a place where you can list a roommate preference. If you know someone that is also staying for the summer, you are encouraged to list that person as your roommate preference
The 2015 Summer Housing Application and Contract will be made available shortly.
The cost for on-campus housing will be $75 per week. Information for payment options will be forthcoming.
If a student fails to make payments, then the key to their summer assignment will be withheld by the Office of Summer Programs. Should a student have any outstanding summer housing fees at the time of their arrival to campus, their key will be withheld by the Office of Summer Programs.
Charges are levied based on the number of weeks you require housing; there will be no prorating of the charges if you elect to leave early. Students leaving their summer assignment in the middle of a given week will still be charged for the number of weeks stated on the housing application. No refunds are issued for on-campus summer housing under any circumstance.
If you have any questions about the summer application process, please contact the Office of Summer Programs at 315-228-7770 or email@example.com