Colgate University students are not required to live on campus during the summer and may choose to live off campus. For many students, particularly rising sophomores and juniors, this is a great opportunity to see if off-campus life is something you want to pursue for your senior year. There is no lottery for off-campus summer housing. The Office of Residential Life can supply a listing of available summer properties to anyone interested. Should you decide to pursue off-campus summer housing options, please keep the following items in mind:
- Be sure that your off-campus housing option has facilities that will meet your needs throughout the summer term
- Secure off-campus housing for the entirety of your summer stay
- Request and retain a copy of your lease for your records
- Returning student move in is August 25; we cannot guarantee you can move in early
On-campus summer housing is available between May 24, 2015 and August 8, 2015 for students enrolled in faculty-supported research, students working for an office on campus, and international students. Students will be housed in residences which include a kitchen, washer, and dryer within each unit or complex.
For housing before May 24, 2015, please complete a late-stay form for the spring semester through your Colgate Housing Account
. Similarly, for housing after August 8, 2015, please complete an early-arrival form for the fall semester. Any questions regarding housing during these periods should be directed to the Office of Residential Life at 315-228-7367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for applying for summer housing can be found below along with the summer housing application. Please note the following:
- The cost of housing is $75 per week.
- The application deadline for summer housing is April 30, 2015.
- Summer housing assignments will be sent out via e-mail by May 10, 2015.
- Students living off-campus for 2015-2016 may not stay beyond the last day of summer housing, August 8, 2015.
- Graduating seniors and students working off-campus are not eligible for summer housing.
- Summer housing options will be limited to townhouses in 2015; accommodations include a kitchen, washer, and dryer in each unit.
- Summer housing is limited and is granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Any applications submitted beyond the April 30, 2015 deadline will be reviewed after all other applicants have been housed. There is no guarantee that you will receive housing if your application was submitted late.
- The Summer Housing Application has a place where you can list a roommate preference. If you know someone that is also staying for the summer, you are encouraged to list that person as your roommate preference
The 2015 Summer Housing Application and Contract is available through your Colgate Housing Account
The cost of summer housing is $75 per week. Students sign-up for summer housing in week-long blocks; there is no prorating for mid-week arrivals or departures. Students leaving their housing assignments early will still be charged for the entire number of weeks requested on the housing contract. No refunds will be issued for summer housing. Students will be responsible for any damages that occur to residence hall property.
The resident agrees to make payment according to the Office of Student Accounts’s billing schedule and payment methods
If you have any questions about the summer application process, please contact the Office of Summer Programs at 315-228-7770 or email@example.com