We support fraternity and sorority membership development and organizational development in the areas of leadership, scholarship, inclusivity, and service.
Defined as: providing skills and preparation to influence change in the Colgate Community. We provide leadership coaching to officers, officer-training sessions, and we produce the Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Retreat.
Some opportunities to develop leadership within fraternities and sororities:
- Self-governance structures in each organization
- Multiple officer roles for students
- Representation on governing councils
- Representation on Greek Life Advisory Council
- Annual Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Retreat
- Officer-training programs
Defined as: acquiring knowledge and pursuing academic excellence. We provide students with connections to academic support services and administrative advising, tracking of chapter GPAs, and we support the local chapter of Gamma Sigma Alpha honor society.
Some ways fraternities and sororities demonstrate a commitment to scholarship:
Defined as: developing awareness, knowledge, and skills to build a welcoming and pluralistic community. We provide tailored workshops to fraternities and sororities, assist with ensuring a welcoming and productive recruitment process, and work to develop strong new member and continuing member education opportunities.
Some ways fraternities and sororities demonstrate a commitment to inclusivity:
- Sponsorship of diverse and energizing speakers on campus
- Co-sponsorship of programs with a diverse array of organizations on campus
Defined as: supporting and raising awareness for charitable causes and opportunities to make a difference in the local community. We work with the Center for Outreach, Volunteerism, and Education (COVE)
to support the coordination of efforts in the areas of service.
Some ways fraternities and sororities demonstrate a commitment to service:
Contact Us at:
- Each organization is linked to a local or national philanthropy
- Chapters put in countless hours and raise significant sums of money for various philanthropies
- All philanthropy chairs operate independently as well as work on a committee through the COVE that coordinates their philanthropic endeavors
- Organizations host charity events to raise funds for charitable causes such as the “Party for Pink,” “Concert for the Cure,” and “the Huntsman Cup”
Assistant Dean of Campus Life
Adviser to the Panhellenic Association and Inter-Fraternity Council
Dean of the College Office