Other Colgate-sponsored travel may include trips organized by clubs, athletics, various Colgate offices, travel to conferences, and more.
Faculty, staff, and students traveling independently should notify and meet with an Off-Campus Study adviser (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
) as soon as you know that you will be traveling abroad, and should complete all required student forms below at least one month prior to departure.
Other Colgate-Sponsored Travel Forms and Instructions
Faculty and Staff Travel Leaders
- Traveling with Students to High-Risk Destinations
- General Pre-Departure Handbook
- Faculty and staff travel plans form: To be completed by faculty and staff who are taking students on Colgate-sponsored travel or are traveling independently abroad on Colgate business
- For Faculty and staff traveling with students, please also submit the student Confidential Physician's Report and Acknowledgment of Risk and Responsibility forms, as well as ensuring that the students have submitted their travel plan information (link above) to Off-Campus Study at least one month prior to departure. International SOS cards will not be authorized until the paperwork is complete. (Note that Off-Campus Study will send the student health forms to Student Health Services on your behalf).
- Acknowledgment of risk and responsibility for small group and independent travel: Complete and return to your campus sponsor
- Crisis Management Guidelines
- CISI Health Insurance: Health insurance is required for travel outside the U.S. International health insurance is available from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) at nominal cost to faculty and staff traveling abroad on a Colgate-sponsored activity; for international travel only. Faculty and staff leading a student group should contact Shelley Wyman in Off-Campus Study at email@example.com for information on how to register their group for international health insurance. For faculty/staff traveling independently (i.e., not as a leader of a student group), they should purchase a single trip plan from CISI.
- CISI Brochure 2017-18
Please return all hard copy forms to the office of Off-Campus Study.
Students, faculty and staff should apply for CISI Health Insurance:
- For Students:
If you are a student traveling independently and need to register yourself for CISI insurance, instructions for enrollment in the student plan can be found here: CISI Self-Enrollment Form
- Faculty/staff leading a student group:
For faculty/staff leading a student group abroad, please contact Shelley Wyman at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in registering your group.
- Faculty/staff traveling independently:
Colgate faculty and staff traveling independently on Colgate-related business abroad are required to purchase a Business Travel plan with CISI. Instructions for enrollment in this plan can be found here: CISI Self-Enrollment Forms - Business Travel
Questions should be directed to Shelley Wyman, email@example.com