What We Do
We get you out! Whether it is kayaking, tree climbing, snowshoeing, or ice climbing, our goal is to develop your sense of place, leadership, and adventure in the great outdoors.
Regardless of skill level, we take members of the Colgate community out of the classroom and into some of the region's most beautiful natural settings — often just a brief ride from campus.
You can get involved in several different capacities:
OE Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide learning and teaching opportunities through diverse outdoor and experiential opportunities. Our programs allow students to develop leadership skills, strong interpersonal connections, an adventurous spirit, and a sense of place within Colgate, Central, and Upstate New York. Intrinsic to this, we support the mission of Colgate University and the department of Physical Education, Recreation, and Athletics through our commitment to health and wellness, personal growth, social responsibility, active citizenship, and lifelong learning.
Core values in which we believe:
• Leadership as a mechanism for growth and independence Contact us
• Experiential programming that enriches and supports classroom instruction
• Strong and authentic relationships built in a substance-free environment
• Continual betterment of self, place, and others
• High standards of instruction and professionalism
to learn more.