Our popular job shadowing program matches hundreds of students with alumni and parent volunteers for an introduction to professional life and career success.
A Day in the Life allows first-year and sophomore students to explore careers in their field of interest by shadowing a professional for one day over winter break. By connecting with a Colgate sponsor, you will gain a first-hand look at careers and build your professional network.
Job shadowing can help students to:
- Explore curiosity about a certain career.
- Experience a professional environment from the inside.
- Learn the vocabulary of an industry.
- Connect with professionals in the field.
- Figure out whether or not an industry, organization, or professional role is a good personal fit.