With recreation facilities on campus closed until further notice, the Department of Recreation has compiled a variety of recreational and wellness resources for members of the Colgate community.
Live Fitness Classes:
Live Fitness Classes have ended for the spring. Stay tuned for more information about upcoming fitness options.
- Bootcamp w/ Sam - 1 (52 minutes)
- Bootcamp w/ Sam - 2 (45 minutes)
- Bootcamp w/ Sam - 3 (33 minutes)
- Bootcamp w/ Sam - 4 (53 minutes)
- Bootcamp w/Sam - 5 (50 minutes)
- Bootcamp w/Sam - 6 (45 minutes)
- Boxing w/ C.J. - 1 (49 minutes)
- Boxing w/C.J. - 2 (48 minutes)
- Boxing w/C.J. - 3 (48 minutes)
- Circuits w/Marni - 1 (48 minutes)
- Circuits w/ Marni - 2 (47 minutes)
- Circuits w/Marni - 3 (49 minutes)
- Circuits w/ Marni - 4 (47 minutes)
- Circuits w/ Marni - 5 (46 minutes)
- Circuits w/ Marni - 6 (47 minutes)
- Shred w/Sean-1 (15 minutes, can be repeated for longer workouts)
- Shred w/ Sean - 2 (33 minutes)
- Shred w/ Sean - 3 (49 minutes)
- Shred w/Sean - 4 (40 minutes)
- Shred w/Sean - 5 (45 minutes)
- Body Weight Strength Training program, provided by Colgate Strength & Conditioning:
- Cardio Blast w/ Eli - 1 (42 minutes)
- Cardio Blast w/Eli - 2 (43 minutes)
- Blast & Relax w/ Eli - 1 (55 minutes; 25 cardio + 25 yoga)
- Blast & Relax w/ Eli - 2 (53 minutes; 25 cardio + 25 yoga)
- Spinning w/Marni (50 minutes, bike required)
- Spinning/Treadmill/Elliptical w/ Marni (49 minutes, equipment required)
Spring 2020 ‘Gate Wellness Challenge:
The Spring ‘Gate Wellness Challenge has ended, but all are encouraged to continue to participate in wellness activities in the Wellness Activities List above. We still want to hear from you, so use #GateWellSoon on Instagram and tag @ShawWellnessInstitute and @GateRecreation to let the campus know where you stand in the competition.
Please make sure that when participating in these wellness activities you are following all guidelines and best practices for safe social distancing. For more information on these guidelines, visit The CDC website.
For safe outdoor recreation tips and great places to safely get outdoors in CNY, visit the Local Resources page provided by Colgate Outdoor Education.
Virtual Outdoor Tours:
Social Distancing has you feeling stuck inside? Take a trip to the great outdoors right from your couch using the following virtual tours:
- Blarney Castle, Ireland
- Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
- Five of the U.S. National Parks
- Live Webcams of Animals at Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Live Webcams of Animals at San Diego Zoo
- Royal Botanic Gardens, London
Through the Color Our Collections campaign, libraries, archives, and other cultural institutions around the world are sharing free coloring sheets and books based on materials in their collections. Please download, print, and share your favorites!