In 45 days (or less!), you'll be arriving in Hamilton, New York and we can't wait to see you. There are several important things you need to check off your to-do list before you join us on the hill. We are highlighting just a few items today, but make sure you look at the new student checklist regularly. If your health information is not showing as complete in our system, you will receive a message from Student Health Services with more information on how to complete the requirements.
July 20: Card Access, Parking, Safety, and Move-in Guide
To create a deeper sense of home at Colgate even before you arrive, it will be quick and easy to check off these checklist items. The Campus Safety Department (email@example.com) is here to help you, should you have any questions about completing these tasks.
- Submit Your 'Gate Card Photo
You will use your 'Gate Card every day for access to your residence hall, meal swipes, laundry, and more.
- Register Your Vehicle
If you plan to have a vehicle on campus, you will need to register it for a parking pass. Login to your account on parking.colgate.edu to register your vehicle.
- Confirm Emergency and Alert Contact Information
Please enter accurate contact information on the Colgate portal in order to receive safety alerts.
- Download the Colgate Guardian App
The Colgate Guardian app provides a direct connection to campus safety contacts, anonymous tips, and a safety timer to keep you safe any time of day.
There are also a few upcoming checklist items that will take more time to complete. Make sure to allocate time in the coming weeks to complete these responsibilities.
- The Colgate Community Reads prompts are your first college assignments, which are due in one month. Be sure to access your copy of How to Stand Up to a Dictator now and begin reading soon so you can complete this assignment by August 7.
- The AlcoholEdu training and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates training are due one week from today, on July 13. These training modules through the Vector LMS platform will prompt you to consider ways to promote your own well-being and the well-being of our campus community.
- The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Module through the Moodle platform is due on August 7. DEI is a central focus of Colgate's Third-Century Plan, and this module will introduce you to what DEI is, the history of DEI at Colgate, and how you can contribute to a stronger community.
If you have questions about these or any checklist items, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy every moment of the summer,
Orientation Planning Committee
Beth Kropf, Assistant Director of New Student Programs
Dayna Campbell, Director of Student Involvement
Darline Wattles, Associate Director of the ALANA Cultural Center
Lou Kaminski, Assistant Dean of Student Conduct
Leigh Ann Wenzel, Assistant Director for the Office of Student Involvement
Monique Lewis, Assistant Director, Counseling and Psychological Services
John Haky, Associate Director of Residential Life
Taylor King, Administrative Coordinator, Student Engagement
Rebecca Downing, Senior Director, Communications and Parent Initiatives
Sarah Jones, Associate Dean for Administrative Advising
Michele Passonno, Associate Director, Haven
Terri Stewart, Director of Campus Safety