We’re taking next week off as we celebrate Independence Day. Your next email will arrive on Sunday, July 11.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Module
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Module Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is a central focus of Colgate’s Third-Century Plan initiatives to build a more inclusive and equitable Colgate. In this section, you’ll learn what DEI is, the history of DEI at Colgate, and how you can contribute to a stronger community.
Sign into Moodle with your @colgate.edu email address and your password. You will see “My Courses” — below that, click on “First Year Experience 2021” and find the DEI section.
If you have difficulty with Moodle, please contact email@example.com.
New Student Checklist Deadlines
This checklist has been prepared to help you navigate the deadlines due before you begin your first semester at Colgate.
Set Up Your Accounts
- Set Up Duo Authentication: Past Due
- Set Up Zoom Account: July 6
- Log in to Get Involved: July 6
- Sign up for Your Colgate Emergency Alert Account: July 6
- Update Your Information in the Colgate Portal: July 6
Your Summer Experience
- Housing Preference Form: Past Due
- First-Year Course Selection: June 30 (email sent from registrar)
- Complete Moodle Modules: Throughout the Summer
The following action items are not required, but may be useful to you as you prepare for your first semester at Colgate.
Summer Reading Selection
This podcast-style audio introduction to Braiding Sweetgrass features a discussion with Jenn Lutman, director of the Writing and Speaking Center, and John Pumilio, director of the Office of Sustainability. We encourage you to listen prior to reading the book.