My colleagues and I in the Office of Residential Life are very excited to welcome you to Colgate.
To begin the housing assignment process for the 2023–24 academic year, please login to your Colgate Housing Portal to complete your housing preference form. You will use this portal throughout your time at Colgate, so you may want to bookmark the page.
The deadline to submit your housing preference form is Thursday, June 15, 2023, at 11:55 p.m. EDT.
Accessing Your Housing Preference Form
- Use your Colgate email address and password to login to the housing portal at colgate.edu/housingportal. It is important that you use your username and password and not your applicant ID when logging in; your applicant ID will not grant you access to your account.
- On the homepage of your portal, the lower left-hand side shows available applications:
- New Student Housing Roommate Preference Form - Fall 2023
- Accessible Housing Adjustment/Accommodation Application 2023–24
- Click on Get Started to begin the application process.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Click Submit (not Save as Draft) so that residential life staff members will receive your information. We will only review the submitted forms.
You will learn your Residential Commons and receive your housing and roommate(s) information toward the end of July. Because first-year students’ housing assignments are connected to their First-Year Seminar, this information will be available following the course assignments made by the Office of the Registrar.
Accessible Housing Adjustments
Students who may require a disability-related housing accommodation/adjustment should complete the Accessible Housing Adjustment/Accommodation Application 2023–24. The application can be found on the homepage of your housing account. More information about the accessible housing adjustment process and commonly asked questions are available on the Office of Disability Services website.
The accessible housing adjustment application is also due by Wednesday, June 15, 2023, at 11:55 p.m. EDT.
The Office of Disability Services will review submissions and determine the status of each submitted request. All relevant documentation should be included in your application. Questions about the housing accommodations/adjustment application process should be directed to Evelyn Lester, PhD, director of disability services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, we are excited to welcome you as the newest members of the Colgate community. Please feel free to reach out to us this summer if we can answer a question. You can contact our office at email@example.com or 315-228-7367. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We look forward to assisting you with this important step in your transition to Colgate.
Mo Muckinhaupt, Director of Residential Life
Gwynne Lim, Associate Director for Residential Operations and Assignments
Office of Residential Life