Welcome to Colgate! We are so excited that you will be joining the Colgate community. We would like to introduce ourselves. We are eight of the 86 Link staff members who will be supporting you during orientation and throughout the academic year.
Link staff members are made up of current Colgate students who volunteer their time and expertise to help you. Each new student is assigned a Link who will help you navigate orientation and serve as a resource throughout your time at Colgate. On move-in day, you'll have the opportunity to connect with your Link. For now, we wanted to send you our 13 tips for an easy move-in.
- Try to connect with your roommate via their Colgate email address or social media before arriving on campus so you can coordinate who's bringing what.
- Don't forget to label your boxes with your name and where you are living. It may be helpful to label your bags with what's packed inside them too.
- If you have a fan, remember which bag you packed it in. You're probably going to need it on move-in day.
- If possible, leave clothes on their hangers for faster unpacking.
- Introduce yourself to people in your hall - it's not weird.
- Come to campus with one (or many) fun fact(s) prepared, you're bound to be asked for one at some point.
- Bring shoes you can walk in. The hill is no joke!
- Communicate with your Link and your CL whenever you need it. They're here to help you.
- Don't hesitate to ask questions during Orientation. Chances are someone else has the same question.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water. Bring a reusable water bottle - there are fill stations around campus.
- Revisit your New Student Checklist one more time to ensure you've completed all your required items. It will speed up your check-in process to do so.
- Reach out to your FSEM professor (who also happens to be your academic advisor) just to introduce yourself before class begins.
- Have fun!
View Your Schedule and Download the App
We can't wait to meet you!
2023-24 Lead Link Staff
Eric Barber '24, Cape Elizabeth, ME
Mia Buchband '24, Milwaukee, WI
James Foster '24, East Hampton, NY
Arden Knapp '24, Wayland, MA
Brenna McConnell '24, Randolph, NJ
Max Rubinstein '24, Buffalo Grove, IL
Mehek Singh '24, Crownsville, MD
Kasey Wilner '24, New York, NY