No-cost Coronavirus Testing
For medically necessary testing consistent with CDC guidelines, employees and their dependents covered under the Colgate Excellus health insurance plan will have their coinsurance cost for the COVID-19 test waived even if you have not met your coinsurance maximum.
OptumRx Prescription Refills
To ensure members have access to the medications they need in the days and weeks ahead, OptumRx has instituted several measures to assist its members.
- OptumRx lifted refill-too-soon restrictions, allowing members taking maintenance medications to obtain early refills of their prescription medications if they have refills remaining on-file at a participating retail or mail-order pharmacy.
- A one-time 90-day extension for existing prior authorizations have been extended for authorizations set to expire on or before May 1, 2020.
- As of the week of March 23, members who use OptumRx Specialty Pharmacy are able to receive a one-time 90-day supply of key chronic specialty medications versus the traditional 30-day supply.
- Members can move to home delivery of maintenance medications. Log in to the OptumRx website or contact Member Services at 855-227-8568 to request home delivery.
Use Your Telemedicine Benefit
Telemedicine gives you fast access to medical and mental health care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with no need to leave your home. Through Excellus’s partnership with MDLIVE, those covered by the Colgate Health Insurance plan will receive the same quality of care you receive from your own doctor, but more conveniently via your phone, tablet, or computer.
When to use telemedicine:
- Instead of going to urgent care or the emergency room for minor and non-life threatening conditions
- Speak to a counselor to discuss your mental health concerns
- Whenever your primary care doctor is not available
- If you live in a rural area and don’t have access to nearby care
Don’t wait until you need it. Create your online account now. Here are some easy ways to activate telemedicine.
- Web: Register/Log in at ExcellusBCBS.com/Member
- App: Download the MDLIVE app
- Text: Text EXCELLUS to 635483
- Call: 1-866-692-5045
Fidelity and TIAA
Campus representatives are moving to phone consultations
All face-to-face meetings have been postponed; however, representatives are available to discuss your retirement plan questions.
Retirement planners can be reached at 877-895-5986. Additional information about retirement planning can be found on the Fidelity website at https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/home.
Participants can schedule a phone meeting with a representative online on the “Consultations & Seminars” section of the TIAA website. https://www.tiaa.org/public/support/contact-us/consultations-seminars or call 800-732-8353 to make appointments.
Relph Benefit Advisors (RBA)
RBA is available for all employees for any benefit questions. They can assist in explaining covered services, resolving insurance bill questions, ordering replacement ID cards, and more. Contact RBA at 1-800-836-0026 ext. 510.
Employee Assistance Program
The EAP provides confidential, short-term, solution-focused counseling for employees and families. Contact Family Services Associates at www.fsacounseling.com or 315-451-2161.