During Mandatory Universal Arrival Quarantine
Colgate Mailroom Packages
Student packages are centrally received in the University mail room. Packages will be delivered to students’ places of residence until the universal quarantine period is completed. Students receiving packages during the two-week quarantine will be notified by email that a package for them has arrived.
When picking up their package, students must wear face coverings, maintain physical distancing, and utilize directional signage going to and from the delivery pick-up location in their residence hall.
Students are advised to thoroughly wash their hands after package pick-up and to sanitize their package. Shipments of perishable items are discouraged during the two-week quarantine period.
Students may place orders for delivery from local vendors. Non-Colgate delivery persons may not enter University residences and should make arrangements with the student for delivery outside of their student housing facility. Additionally, arrangements for contactless payment methods must be established. Students picking up deliveries must wear a face covering, maintain physical distance, and immediately return to their rooms.
For more information about delivery and pickup options in Hamilton, check the This Is Hamilton website.
The following local stores are providing meal and grocery delivery options to help support the Colgate student body.
To support students living in apartments on campus and in the village during their 14-day quarantine, the Sherburne Big M has created a grocery delivery service. Prior to arriving the Big M encourages you to consider ordering in advance and picking it up using their curbside service on your way to campus.
- $50 minimum order. Place your order here.
- Orders must be received by 2:00 p.m. for delivery the following day between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. based on the following location:
- Mondays and Thursdays – Off campus Apartments in the Village
- Tuesdays – Townhouses and Broad Street House
- Wednesdays and Fridays – College Street Apartments
Note: Big M will only deliver to Colgate students in on- and off-campus apartments, Colgate Townhouses, and Colgate residences in the Broad Street Community.
Strongly encourages preorders (groceries and dorm supplies), and offers same-day delivery 7 days per week for orders placed by noon. Click here for more information (PDF).
Gate Grubs is a food delivery service and TIA venture with the goal of providing students with meals from downtown Hamilton restaurants delivered right to your residence.
- Hamilton Inn: microwavable, ready to eat meals as well as fresh salads. Call 315-228-2125 and ask for Andrew
- Good Nature Brewery: Lunch and dinner delivery, call 315-824-2337
- Hamilton Whole Foods: Call delivery orders to (315) 824-2930
- Maxwell's Chocolates and Ice Cream: Local delivery within the town of Hamilton, NY is available for $5.00 Monday through Friday. This includes delivery to Colgate University's Mailroom and local addresses. More information on the website
- Oliveri’s Pizzeria: Lunch and dinner delivery, call 315-824-4444
- Slices: Delivery between 8:30 p.m. and 1:30 a.m., call (315) 824-2112