The Wellness Passport program allows students to earn credit toward the physical education requirement by attending a variety of qualifying health and wellness-related classes, workshops, and events.
Students will have the opportunity to attend a wide variety of classes, workshops and events that encompass the eight dimensions of wellness*. To earn a physical education credit, students must:
- Register Online for the Wellness Passport.
- Accumulate 10-hours of participation over the course of one semester.
- Attend any combination of qualifying classes, workshops and trainings. Only those events below on the Wellness Passport Events calendar (below) or listed on the self-paced, on-demand options qualify.
- Promptly and properly document their attendance at these events. If attendance is not properly documented, the student may not receive credit/hours toward a PHED credit.
Students must record their attendance with instructors at approved programs on their smart phone apps. Check-In instructions for inperson activities. https://getinvolved.colgate.edu/ is the campus platform used to record attendance, you must login to activate your account. Virtual Classes will involve chat participation. If you are unsure how to document your attendance, ask the class instructor for assistance. Specific instructions for virtual options will be noted.
You may verify your participation hours on https://getinvolved.colgate.edu/ by checking the events for the current semester on your involvement record (note: events from previous semesters are included on this list). Select your user drawer (upper right photo/ initial) to access your record.
Any questions or issues should be directed to email@example.com.
Qualifying Classes, Workshops, and Trainings
Remote Synchronous (Live) Options
The passport calendar on this page lists options for synchronous (live) events. This calendar is continually updated. Please contact the sponsoring department (i.e. Shaw Wellness, LGBTQ initiatives, Gate Fitness, etc.) with class specific questions.
Remote Asynchronous Options
A variety of online classes are also provided. View self-paced, on-demand options
*The Eight Dimensions of Wellness
- Emotional — Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships
- Environmental — Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being
- Financial — Satisfaction with current and future financial situations
- Intellectual — Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
- Occupational — Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work
- Physical — Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep
- Social — Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
- Spiritual — Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life