The moment your student stepped onto campus, Colgate became your university, too. All family members with a student at Colgate are considered members of the Society of Families.
Parents' Steering Committee
On December 8, 1954, a group of dedicated parents formed the Parents' Steering Committee beginning an outstanding tradition of providing generous support to the university and enhancing every aspect of the Colgate experience. More information can be found here
Presidents' Club Family Membership
Members of the Presidents’ Club — Colgate’s leadership gift society — march at the forefront of this university’s journey to excellence in liberal arts education. Their investments demonstrate the highest level of commitment and lay the foundation for our success. Family membership provides several unique opportunities for your student. In return for their support, Presidents’ Club family members enjoy:
In addition, your family membership will provide your student:
- Invitations to special events like our annual reception and dinner held in New York City
- Regular, exclusive, personalized communications like PC Newsflash, our online newsletter
- A seat at presidential roundtable conversations to discuss Colgate’s future
- Special attention during Family weekend
- Opportunities to interact with students through career services
- On-campus concierge service: Our staff is here to assist you in preparing for your arrival on campus and meeting your needs while visiting Hamilton.
Make your Presidents' Club Level gift today
- Invitations to special campus events, including our networking event with the Board of Trustees and Alumni Council
- Invitations to hometown Presidents’ Club events
- Preferred seating at the Kerschner Family Series: Global Leaders at Colgate
There are a number of ways that you can support Colgate and you are only limited by your imagination!
Making a gift to Colgate allows the university to exceed expectations while providing an incredible learning experience for America’s brightest undergraduates. Through your gift, you are leading by example and sending an important message to your student and other parents that tuition alone is not enough to provide Colgate’s world class education and ensure its future.
Make your online gift
The time and talent that our parents share with us is invaluable and benefits the entire Colgate community. Would you be interested in hosting a reception at your home, club or place of work? Perhaps you would like to share your professional expertise with students through Colgate’s Career Services office. Job referrals, career seminars, and internship opportunities are among the ways that parents have assisted in the past. To join our group of tireless volunteers, please contact Heather Payne at email@example.com