Advanced Placement FAQs - Colgate University Skip Navigation

Advanced Placement FAQs

Please click on the links for the answers to these frequently asked questions about Advanced Placement courses. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact the registrar’s office ( or 315-228-7676) and a staff member will be happy to assist you.

General Questions

What Advanced Placement (AP) credit does Colgate accept?

Please use the Advanced Placement credit summary for a complete list of the exams and scores Colgate accepts. If an AP exam/score is not listed, it is not accepted at Colgate.

May I submit an AP score report that I have at home?

Student copies are not accepted. All AP score reports must be sent directly from the College Board to Colgate University. To request official score reports call 888-CALL 4 AP and reference Colgate University's college code, 2086.

What if I receive AP credit for a course but wish to forfeit the AP credit and take the same course at Colgate?

You may repeat a course at Colgate for which you received AP credit. Upon successful completion of the Colgate course, the AP credit with change from one to zero but will remain listed on your Colgate transcript. Please be aware that the course will be indicated as a repeat on your transcript.