Access Banner Self-Service final grade entry from the Colgate portal (portal.colgate.edu).
- After logging in (using your network log in and password), click on Faculty Toolbox at the top of the page and choose Faculty Dashboard.
- In the Faculty Dashboard, the current term should be the default term. (If not, please select the current term from the drop-down menu.) Your courses will appear under the Course Listing for [Term] heading.
- Click on the course title to bring up the class list. Select Submit Grades, which appears in blue at both the top and very bottom of the class list page. This will bring you into the Banner Self-Service grade entry form.
- On the Final Grade Worksheet page select the grade for each student from the drop-down Grade menu. Please enter a standard letter grade for each student. If needed, the registrar’s office will convert standard letter grades to S/U, as appropriate, before posting grades to the students’ records.
You should leave the “Last Attend Date” and “Attend Hours” fields blank.
- For team taught courses: Only the primary instructor is permitted to enter grades. If you do not have access to the drop-down Grade menu, it is because you are not coded as the primary instructor. Please call or email the registrar’s office (x7676 or email@example.com) if this needs to be changed.
- Please click Submit (at the bottom) every few minutes to save your entries. If you want to confirm that the grades have been saved, you can exit the Final Grade Worksheet to return to faculty dashboard, then re-select the course to verify final grade entry. Saved grades will display in the class list.
Grades are to be reported as follows: A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, or F. Please note item 4 above concerning S/U grading.
For a complete description of Colgate’s grading policies, see the current University Catalogue
or the Faculty Handbook
Incompletes Grades of I (incomplete) cannot be submitted online.
Incompletes are reported to our office by the administrative deans. An incomplete is given only when the cause is judged to be sufficient, such as the result of an illness or an absence due to an emergency, and only after consultation with the student’s administrative dean. If a student in your course has been approved for an incomplete and it does not appear on the online grade roster, please contact the student’s administrative dean.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Kristyn Russell (x7419 or firstname.lastname@example.org
) or Neil Albert (x7397 or email@example.com