- There will be no drop/add event in the Hall of Presidents. Some departments may have organized events on Sunday, January 19 from 1 - 3:30 p.m. to assist students with schedule changes. For a list of departments that have a scheduled event please click here. Students should contact or go to the department office for more information.
- Drop/Add begins 1 p.m. on Sunday, January 19 and ends 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 29.
- Students must obtain the instructor's signature to add a course. Signatures are not required for drops, however. Students may drop courses via Banner Self-Service/the portal (no PINs required), beginning at 1 p.m. on Sunday, January 19.
- The course offerings on the registrar's web page have been enhanced to include real-time enrollment information. Click on the course to view enrollments and other course information.
- First day of classes (Half-Day Schedule) - Monday, January 20: All classes will meet in abbreviated sessions according to the half-day schedule, irrespective of their regularly scheduled days.
Adding a course:
Students must obtain the instructor’s signature on their drop/add schedules to add a course. Signed schedules must be brought in person to the registrar’s office for processing by the end of the drop/add period (January 29).
Dropping a course
: All students may drop courses online (no PINs required) using Banner Self-Service/the portal. Instructor signatures are not required to drop a course.
Students may also come to the registrar's office to have drops processed by staff. All drops must be made by the end of the drop/add period (January 29). Independent study:
Students must submit the completed independent study form, with all required faculty signatures, by the end of the drop/add period (January 29). Adding a fifth course:
Students in the classes of 2014, 2015, and 2016 are permitted to add a fifth course (up to 5.25 course credits) with the instructor's signature during the drop/add period. Per the university catalogue, students wishing to register for 5.50
course credits must receive written permission from their academic adviser (on their drop/add
schedule). Students registering for more
than 5.50 course credits must be approved to do so by both their
academic adviser and the associate dean of the faculty.
Students in the class of 2017 wishing to add a fifth course must obtain permission/signature
of both their academic adviser/FSEM instructor and the dean of
first-year students, in addition to the instructor's signature. All signatures must be brought to the registrar's office for processing by the end of the drop/add period (January 29). S/U Grade Option
(Classes of 2014 & 2015 ONLY): Students in the classes of 2014 & 2015 may choose to take a course using the satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading mode. The S/U form must be completed and submitted to the registrar's office before the end of the drop/add period (January 29). For complete guidelines and instructions see the University Catalogue
or the S/U form located in the registrar's office.
Instructions for Printing Schedules
Drop/add schedules may be printed from the portal:
- Log in to the Portal using your network log in and password.
- In the Banner Self-Service portlet, click on the Registrar tab.
- Click on the “Student Course Schedule (Drop/Add and Final)” link.
- Choose the spring 2014 term
- Print your schedule as you would normally print from a web browser.
If you experience trouble accessing your schedule through the portal, please contact SOURCe at 315-228-7111 (option 3) or e-mail them at email@example.com
If you prefer to have the registrar’s office print a schedule for you, please come to the office (126 McGregory Hall), present your Colgate ID, and the staff will assist you. The registrar's office will be open on Sunday, January 19, from 1:00 - 4 p.m. Regular office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - noon and 1 to 4:30 p.m..