- The limit of each in-town purchase without a Purchase Order has been increased to a total of $500.00. You will be required to have a proper I.D. and Banner department budget number. All in-town purchases over $500.00 require a Purchase Order.
- Purchases from out-of-town vendors (outside the Village of Hamilton) do not require a Purchase Order if:
- The purchase is under $500.00.
- Payment is made with net terms, in cash, personal check, or personal credit card and
- The goods will be picked up by authorized university personnel.
- If you wish to have your purchase delivered to Colgate directly, a Purchase Order must be obtained regardless of the dollar amount.
- For any purchase without a Purchase Order, you should obtain a sales tax exemption form from the Controller's Office. Requests for reimbursement should be directed to the Purchasing Office.
- A Purchase Order is not required for the purchase of local in-town grocery items.
- All orders over $500.00 require a requisition to be forwarded to the Purchasing Department.
Procedure for Purchase Orders over $10,000.00
For orders over $10,000.00 from Vendors not under contract, an online requisition should be submitted and must be accompanied by two or more quotations.
If unable to obtain two or more competitive quotes, a Waiver of Competitive Bidding form must be filled out (follow the instructions found on the form). One of the three categories should be checked, 1) Sole Source 2) Emergency 3) Economic. A justification/explanation for the category must also be provided. The form should be signed by the initiator and Department Budget Manager and forwarded to Purchasing for approval.
Please contact the Purchasing Department for any questions.