To provide the best quality support and engagement for researchers at Colgate, ITS has enhanced its research computing services with dedicated staff to provide assistance throughout the research lifecycle. Though broadly available for any research computing need, the focus of this service will be enhancing high performance computing, scientific applications for research, and support for all platforms including PC, Mac and Unix/Linux.
The ITS Research and High-Performance Computing team
is part of the Services and Shared Infrastructure team
Specific services in research computing include:
- Design and administration of centralized high performance computing resources.
- Design and administration of centralized research storage.
Support for research-related PC, Mac and Unix/Linux servers and workstations including installation, maintenance, support, and troubleshooting.
- Assistance with developing and modifying code for research needs.
- Requirements analysis for research computing needs, including for new faculty startup, new grants, and new projects in conjunction with the ITS Engagement & Support Team.
- Security support for Unix/Linux including patches, firewalls, and backup in conjunction with the Chief Security Information Officer (CSIO)
- Support for scientific lab computer installations for faculty and student researchers and departmental lab managers in conjunction with the ITS Engagement & Support Team.
- Assistance in licensing, installation, and use of analytic and scientific software packages and coordination with the ITS Engagement & Support Team