S U Grading Option - Colgate University Skip Navigation

S/U Grading Option

In some situations, students may opt to take a course with Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) grading option.
Only students who are currently considered juniors or seniors may take a course with this grade option. Students can take only one course per term with this option. If a student is on Academic Warning, the student is not eligible to utilize this option.

Students must decide on a grading option prior to the Drop/Add Period and they must have this officially recorded by the Office of the Registrar.

For full guidelines, refer to the Academic Regulations section in the University Catalogue.