Housing Issues including Roommate Conflicts - Colgate University Skip Navigation

Housing Issues including Roommate Conflicts

Roommate conflicts can arise and students who are in situations where they believe a conflict exists should first consult with their RA, CC, or Apartment Manager if an initial conversation with the roommate(s) is unproductive.. If the issue can not be resolved by working with the roommate and the RA, CC, or Apartment Manager, the student should seek their REC (Residential Education Coordinator) for further mediation.

Administrative advisers may be consulted if conflicts are affecting a student's ability to complete their academic work. However, decisions made regarding the housing situation are referred back to Residential Life.