This is to ensure that the required documents are placed on file at the Office of International Student Services (OISS) and for OISS to comply with the Federal immigration regulations to report necessary information about your status to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security via SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). Step-by-Step Instructions
*If you entered the U.S. through an airport, you will not have a paper I-94 stapled in your passport. Instead, you need to visit https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/, enter your information, and print a copy of your electronic I-94. If you entered through a land crossing, you should have a paper I-94 stapled in your passport.
NOTE: Failure to comply with the SEVIS registration requirement will result in termination of your SEVIS record.
- Read page two of your I-20 as well as the OISS information sheet titled “Maintaining Valid F-1 Status.”
- Complete the SEVIS Registration Form.
- Bring the following documents in person to an international student adviser in the OISS:
- Completed SEVIS Registration Form
- Your I-20
- Your I-94*
- Your F-1 visa (Not applicable for Canadian citizens.)
- Your passport
- ‘Gate Card
Questions? Contact the OISS staff