Environmental security and justice; natural resources and sustainability; energy security; poverty and development; sustainable community development; African studies; peace and conflict studies.
My research focuses on environmental security concerns resulting from natural resource extraction. It also examines environmental impacts of climate change, especially as they relate to potential conflict and insecurity; participatory and inclusive community development; and environmental justice. I specifically examine issues that deal with:
- Environmental security, environmental justice, and good governance
- Participatory and inclusive development that encompasses all stakeholders
- Promoting environmental justice and security and the livelihoods of host communities in resource-rich regions
- Community preparations for the environmental security threats resulting from climate change
- Policy reforms in resource governance especially on the African continent