The following resources, campus partners, and clubs on campus help to create a fun, exciting, and safe experience for LGBTQ students and their allies on our campus:
These staff members were very involved in the LGBTQ community as students! We're grateful that they continue to be an active part of the LGBTQ community. They are available for questions or to get information about resources across campus that may be helpful to you or a friend.
LGBTQ Health and Wellness
LGBTQ Initiatives and the Shaw Wellness Institute partner to create programs for students which promote healthy, purposeful, and balanced lives within the Colgate Community. The 8 dimensions of Wellness embody a holistic approach to taking care of ourselves through lifelong education and self-care. LGBTQ students, staff, and faculty can find a variety of resources on campus to assist in their journey.
The Shaw Wellness Institute
- Use of the center for group meetings or trainings
- Wellness Institute Library collection
- HIV/AIDS awareness and testing resources
- Co-sponsorships for student run events
- Program outreach for sexual health topics by Peer Health Educators