The Office of Residential Life is excited to welcome you to the Colgate community as a member of the Class of 2017
. We know that your housing is an important aspect of your college experience. In fact, we strive to create an environment that complements your academic pursuits. Our priority is to further the educational mission of Colgate by extending student learning and growth into our residential community, promoting a purposeful and inclusive environment through shared expectation.
In order to prepare yourself for the most fulfilling residential experience, we ask that you consider the following question as you complete your housing preference form - what kind of roommate do you want to be? Here are a few other things to think about as you consider your residential experience for next year.
- Be honest with yourself and candid in your responses - this tool works best if you describe who you ARE; not who you want to be or what you think others want to hear.
- Complete this form without your parents'/guardians' assistance or guidance - this tool works best for you and your potential roommate if your responses are entirely self-reflective.
- Consider that you are likely to change some of your behaviors and perspectives once you get here. Most students' schedules and lifestyles do change somewhat when living in a residence hall.
Follow these steps to complete your housing preference form. If you have any questions or issues accessing your account, please contact our office at email@example.com or 315-228-7367.
- Login to our Colgate University Residence System. You must use your Colgate-issued username and password.
- Click on "Get Started" to begin the application process.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions (left column).
- Click "Submit" so our office can process your form.
- Wait - housing notifications will not be sent until the week of July 22nd.
It is important to note that you may only request one roommate. There is a field within your application to submit the name and passcode of the individual you wish to live with. Roommate requests will only be honored if both residents list each other's name on their respective applications.
As a final reminder, the last day to submit your housing preference form is Monday, July 15, 2013.