Subscribing to Career Services' Publications
All students automatically receive publications from Career Services. If you are not a student and would like to join our distribution list, please use our subscription form
. If you would like to unsubscribe from our publications, please e-mail email@example.com
with your request.
What Career Services Does
We're here to advise, guide, and partner with your student as he or she prepares for the future. We offer our services as early as the first day of the first year. Here's what we do:
- Signature ‘Gate: Learn more about our signature programs. You’ll see what we mean by the "Colgate Advantage."
- Graduate/professional school advising: We can help navigate the search and application process.
- naviGATE online job and internship postings: Features job and internship opportunities specifically targeting Colgate students.
- iCAN Alumni Career Advisory Network: Putting students in touch with our incredibly active alumni population.
- On- and off-campus recruiting: We bring potential employers to campus for information sessions and interviews, and we take students to off-campus consortia and job fairs.
- Funding for summer internships: We have funding available to help support a variety of summer internship and fellowship experiences.
- Self-assessment: We offer self-assessment tools, including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, the Strong Interest Inventory, and Career Beam, to help students identify fulfilling career paths.
- Career advising: One-on-one discussions with our career advisors about everything from internships to careers.
- Quick questions: We have hours laid aside each week for any student to drop in and chat with our advisors.
- Peer advising: Your student can consult trained and knowledgeable classmates for critiques of resumes.
- Mock interviews: We assist students to be best prepared for interviews by role playing and then reviewing students’ interviewing skills.
What Parents Can Do
You understandably also are interested in helping your child prepare for his or her life after school. Here are a couple pointers:
- Check out our Parental Guidance Recommended presentation from Family Weekend. It will give you an overview of Career Services.
Get involved… but set limits. You mean well, but employers rarely experience parental involvement in a job search in a positive light. Please offer your student guidance and support, but the best support you can offer is to encourage your student to utilize our services and to lead his or her own job search.
- Get your organization involved at Colgate. It's a tough economy, but Colgate parents know our students' potential better than anyone. Do your employer and our students a favor and contact us about hiring your students' peers.
- Join the Parents’ Steering Committee.
Rest assured -- our students graduate prepared for anything. Explore the many successes of our graduates at Success after Colgate