I. Meet with an advisor in Career Services
All students who have applied for Summer Funding and who have not yet confirmed their summer plans are expected to meet with a career advisor between Monday, March 2 and Friday, April 10.
Please complete the Advisor Meeting Handout (pdf) form PRIOR to your appointment, and bring the completed form to your meeting with an advisor.
II. Attend a Budgeting Workshop
Discuss the budget research and development process with a member of the Career Services staff. Budget workshops will take place on the following dates.
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 12:30 p.m. - Lathrop 207
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 7:00 p.m. - Case-Geyer 560, Batza Room
- Thursday, April 2, 2015, 4:30 p.m. - Case-Geyer 560, Batza Room
- Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 8:00 p.m. - Case-Geyer 560, Batza Room
- Friday, April 10, 2015, 2:30 p.m. - Lathrop 207
If (and only if) you're currently studying abroad, we are offering a WEBINAR budget workshop on Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. If you are currently abroad, RSVP for the webinar to email@example.com by Monday, March 30 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
III. Complete the Internship Confirmation Form.
Before you can turn in all of the required paperwork and receive your funding award, you’ll need to confirm your summer opportunity.
>> Confirm your internship HERE.
Please also complete and attach the following items to your internship confirmation form:
- Budget Proposal Form (xls) to outline projected expenses and total funding request. Please note, funding is not available to cover lost wages.
- Confirmation of internship offer . A copy of e-mail correspondence will suffice. Please save document as a PDF before uploading.
- Acceptance internship offer . A copy of e-mail correspondence will suffice. Please save document as a PDF before uploading.
IV. Participate in a Summer Funding Orientation Session.
I will attend one of the required in-person information sessions.
If abroad, I will attend one of the following required virtual information sessions.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 11:30 a.m. - Case-Geyer 560, Batza Room
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 4:30 p.m. - Ho 101
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 7:30 p.m. - Case-Geyer 560, Batza Room
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 12:15 p.m. - Case-Geyer 560, Batza Room
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 4:30 p.m. - Ho 101
If (and only if) you're currently studying abroad, we are offering a WEBINAR orientation session on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. If you are currently abroad, RSVP for the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 13 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
V. Within one week of receiving my final funding offer from Career Services, submit all required paperwork to Career Services and complete all requirements outlined below.
Submit hard copies of all required materials to Career Services (Spear House) before leaving campus. Students who are abroad can e-mail PDF files to email@example.com (only files of type .pdf will be accepted). Funding awards will be disbursed a minimum of three weeks after submission of all required paperwork, outlined below. Please submit all forms together!
1. Acceptance of Award
2. Colgate's Risk & Responsibility Form
(R&R for domestic internships or
R&R for international internships)
3. Colgate's Travel Plans Form
4. Colgate's Physician Report Form – only if internship is abroad
5. Colgate's Direct Deposit Form - if you haven't previously completed one and prefer your payment via direct deposit.
VI. Two weeks after the end of my internship and no later than Wednesday, August 26, I will submit to Career Services:
1. A completed web-based questionnaire (link coming soon) including (1) a brief summary/blog post (200 words) of my summer experience and (2) a thank you letter for the donor who funded my internship
2. My supervisor’s evaluation of my performance
3. Photo taken of me “in action” at my internship
VII. Next school year, 2015-2016, if I am on-campus, I will:
Participate in Career Services’ Internship Banquet, SophoMORE Connections, or other on-campus presentation.