I. Meet with an advisor in Career Services
All students who have applied for Summer Funding and who have not yet confirmed their summer plans are expected to meet with a career advisor between Monday, March 2 and Friday, April 10.
Please complete the Advisor Meeting Handout (pdf) form PRIOR to your appointment, and bring the completed form to your meeting with an advisor.
II. Attend a Budgeting Workshop
Discuss the budget research and development process with a member of the Career Services staff. Budget workshops will tentatively take place on the following dates.
Wednesday, April 1, 2015 - 9:00 a.m. (WEBINAR for students who are abroad)
Wednesday, April 1, 2015 - 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 1, 2015 - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 2, 2015 - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 - 8:00 p.m.
Friday, April 10, 2015 - 2:30 p.m.
III. Complete the Internship Confirmation Form.
Before you can turn in all of the required paperwork and receive your funding award, you’ll need to confirm your summer opportunity.
>> Confirm your internship HERE.
Please also complete and attach the following items to your internship confirmation form:
- Budget Proposal Form (xls) to outline projected expenses and total funding request.
- Confirmation of internship offer . A copy of e-mail correspondence will suffice. Please save document as a PDF before uploading.
- Acceptance internship offer . A copy of e-mail correspondence will suffice. Please save document as a PDF before uploading.
IV. Participate in a Summer Funding Orientation Session.
I will attend one of the required in-person information sessions.
If abroad, I will attend one of the following required virtual information sessions.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 9:00 a.m. (WEBINAR for students who are abroad)
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 12:15 p.m.
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 4:30 p.m.
V. Within one week of receiving my final funding offer from Career Services, submit all required paperwork to Career Services and complete all requirements outlined below.
Submit hard copies of all required materials to Career Services (Spear House) before leaving campus. Students who are abroad can e-mail PDF files to email@example.com (only files of type .pdf will be accepted). Funding awards will be disbursed a minimum of two weeks after submission of all required paperwork, outlined below.
1. Acceptance of Award
2. Colgate's Risk & Responsibility Form
(R&R for domestic internships or
R&R for international internships)
3. Colgate's Travel Plans Form
4. Colgate's Physician Report Form – only if internship is abroad
5. Colgate's Direct Deposit Form - if you haven't previously completed one and prefer your payment via direct deposit.
VI. Two weeks after the end of my internship and no later than Wednesday, August 26, I will submit to Career Services:
1. A completed web-based questionnaire (link coming soon) including (1) a brief summary/blog post (200 words) of my summer experience and (2) a thank you letter for the donor who funded my internship
2. My supervisor’s evaluation of my performance
3. Photo taken of me “in action” at my internship
VII. Next school year, 2015-2016, if I am on-campus, I will:
Participate in Career Services’ Internship Banquet, SophoMORE Connections, or other on-campus presentation.