Music and Youth and a Colgate fellowship coordinator oversee the application and hiring process for the summer fellowship program. Those awarded a fellowship receive a stipend of $3,500 and are assigned to a specific music or studio clubhouse in a youth development organization (Boys and Girls Club, YMCA or community based organization) working 40 hours per week for 8 weeks. The fellowship runs from June 20 - August 12 -
The deadline for this year's fellowship has passed.
View the posting in naviGATE
, and follow the below steps to apply.
- Complete the application before the deadline.
- Participate in an initial interview and selection process at Colgate.
- Take part in Music and Youth will also conduct interviews with fellowship candidates, including an evaluation of which clubhouse is the best fit for the candidate.
- Those who receive an offer to participate in the fellowship are given two weeks to accept or decline the offer.
- Attend required on-campus orientation sessions
- Specific clubhouse placements will not be made until April, but you will be informed as to whether your placement will be in the city of Boston or elsewhere in the Greater Boston Area. In April, you will go through an interview process with the staff at the identified music clubhouse/youth development organization to ensure the best fit between student/music clubhouse.
Interested students must have their resumes certified in this academic year to apply!