The David M. Jacobstein ’68 and Cara Jacobstein Zimmerman ’97 Endowed Fellowship was established in 2007 to provide stipend support for internships for one or more students, particularly those interested in a public interest internship in fields such as law or politics.
Preference is given to students who wish to undertake a public interest internship in fields such as law or politics. Preference will also be given to students who qualify for need-based financial aid from Colgate University.
Colgate University students can apply for the fellowship on naviGATE
– Colgate's go-to spot for job and internship postings – if they meet the following criteria:
Past recipients have worked as a/an:
- The recipient must be a first-year, sophomore, junior, or senior at Colgate University for the 2012-2013 academic year
- The student intends to intern for the summer of 2013
- At the time of application, the student can still be applying for internship(s) or having already obtained an internship.
- Intern with Big Brothers Big Sisters in State College, PA
- Congressional Intern for Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy in Washington, D.C.
- Intern in Senator Charles Schumer’s Western New York District Office in Buffalo, NY
- Intern in the Communications Department for the National Partnership for Women and Families in Washington, D.C.