Getting to Campus
To/From Regional Airports, Bus Stations, and Train Stations
Available to campus visitors, the On-Demand Shuttle Service
is especially helpful to those using the transportation facilities in Syracuse and Utica as part of a trip to campus.
Bus Service from Major Cities
The Coach USA ShortLine Bus
offers daily service to Hamilton, N.Y. from a variety of locations, including New York City.
Created by current Colgate students participating in Thought Into Action, Pigeon Carpooling
is an iOS app that facilitates ridesharing to/from the Colgate campus. Offer a ride or post a request.
Getting Around Campus
On Campus and Downtown - Colgate Cruiser
The Colgate Cruiser makes regular stops on campus and downtown during the following hours:
- Thursday: 5:30–9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:00 a.m.–2:00 a.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 a.m.–2:00 a.m.
- Sunday: 7:00 a.m.–Noon
On-Demand Transportation - Van Service/Golf Carts
On-demand van service and golf cart transportation provided by student workers is available from the Transportation Tent in front of the James C. Colgate Student Union during the following hours:
- Thursday: 3:00 p.m.–midnight
- Friday: 8:00 a.m.–3:00 a.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m.–3:00 a.m.
- Sunday: 8:00–9:30 a.m.
Parking on Campus
Parking on the hill is limited. Whenever possible, please take advantage of the Colgate Cruiser and/or our shuttle service, which originates from the James C. Colgate Student Union.
When parking on campus, please:
- Lock unattended vehicles
- Observe campus and village traffic and parking regulations
- Observe fire lanes, handicap parking, and tow-away zones
- Refrain from parking in any roadway or on lawns, specifically College Street and Lally Lane (except Whitnall Field)