Colgate University is committed to educating the most talented students from around the globe. Although Colgate does offer financial aid to international students, applicants should be aware that admission to Colgate is highly competitive for those students seeking admission with financial aid.
- Colgate does not offer merit aid, rather we offer need-based aid primarily consisting of grant funds and a campus job.
- The financial aid package covers demonstrated need for on-campus expenses only, including a reasonable allowance for books and personal expenses.
- All international students (including Canadian students) applying for financial aid must complete the Financial Aid PROFILE, which is submitted online. Students with questions or concerns about filing the PROFILE should contact the Office of Financial Aid. All forms are due by January 15.
- All financial aid documents should be written in English or accompanied by certified translations from a local consulate, embassy, or school official.
- If an international student is admitted, a review of financial aid forms will determine the student’s demonstrated need for financial assistance during their four undergraduate years. Financial aid awards for international students will meet full, demonstrated need based on the information provided at the time of admission. Please note that if admitted, all students, including those not applying for financial aid, will be required to submit documentation of resources to meet educational expenses not covered by financial aid as part of the process to apply for a visa.
- Please note that international students who are accepted to Colgate and did not receive aid during their first year will NOT be eligible for aid in subsequent years.
Colgate students are required to have student health insurance. Students who are not already covered through their parents’ plans can purchase coverage through the university plan.
For more information please visit the Office of Financial Aid website.