Colgate emphasizes global learning and diversity, and we welcome applications from international students studying abroad and in the United States.
Here are the required materials for applying to Colgate:
If you have any questions or need assistance with any of these forms, please contact the admission office.
- Printable checklist
- Application instructions
- Common Application (also available at www.commonapp.org)
- Colgate supplement
- $60 application fee – The application fee is waived for students whose permanent mailing address is outside the United States; these students may select "other fee waiver request" when submitting the Common Application. Additionally, Colgate accepts official fee waivers from the College Board, the National Association for College Admission Counseling, and Expanding College Opportunities.
- Official high school transcript and school report, completed by your counselor.
- Home school supplement (if applicable)
- International school supplement (optional)
- Teacher evaluations from two different teachers in major academic subjects (tenth, eleventh, or twelfth grade)
- Personal statement and Colgate essay (from Common Application and Colgate supplement)
- Standardized testing scores (on official high school transcript or from a testing agency)
- TOEFL scores or alternate assessment of English skills
- Mid-year grade report including at least first quarter or first trimester senior grades, due in February or as soon as possible. Certified translation of official documents, required when originals are not in English.
- Supplementary materials (optional)
- If applying for financial aid, please submit the Financial Aid PROFILE online by January 15, 2013. Students with questions or concerns about filing the PROFILE should contact the Office of Financial Aid.