Current Colgate students from any class year and majoring (or intending to major) in neuroscience, chemistry, biology, molecular biology or biochemistry may apply to the Beckman Scholars program. Top candidates will demonstrate:
- Outstanding academic achievement (GPA of at least 3.5)
- Extraordinary engagement and potential in research
- Ambition to pursue a career in scientific discovery
Get Started PRE-APPLICATION
- Speak with a potential Beckman faculty mentor as soon as possible (see full list of faculty mentors below), and receive formal sponsorship from a mentor.
- Complete the short online pre-application form with mentorship and project information by February 5, 2019.
All pre-applications will be reviewed by the Beckman Scholar Program Steering Committee. Promising candidates from the pre-application process will be invited to submit a full application by February 24, 2019
. The full application includes a short research proposal, personal statement, and unofficial transcript, along with two letters of recommendation (full details available soon). Each year one or two students will be named Beckman Scholars. Awards will be announced by March 8, 2019
(Note: Acceptance of a Beckman award will replace any Colgate summer research fellowship awarded to a student.)