Our ample available teaching lab space allows most courses to have a dedicated lab for the semester. This allows a great deal of flexibility in constructing elaborate laboratory experiences.
Each faculty member also has a laboratory in which they conduct research and guide student research
projects. Each lab provides a different research experience, so students can gain expertise in a variety of research subjects.
- ABI multi-capillary automated DNA sequencer
- ABI 7900 quantitative PCR
- Zeiss LSM710 laser confocal microscope
- Video gel documentation system
- NanoDrop mini-spectrophotometer
- UV/visible spectrophotometers
- Electroporator and biolistic gene delivery systems
- Phosphor imaging system
- ChemiDoc bioimaging system
- Five Nikon epifluorescence microscopes with high resolution cameras and video image analysis
Colgate's science resources are housed in the Cooley Science Library
, located in McGregory Hall (campus map